Funeral Costs & Options
The cost of a funeral will essentially reflect the personal, cultural and financial needs of your family, and the choices you make.
Tobin Brothers has a flexible pricing structure, which allows families to choose from a range of services and options.
Some people prefer to obtain information on services, options and prices before engaging a Melbourne funeral director.
That’s why we established our Funeral Advice Line, where our specialist Funeral Planners provide obligation-free guidance and advice.
Our specialist Funeral Planners will provide you with an itemised fee proposal, outlining all of the services and costs involved with the funeral that best reflects the life of your loved one and your family’s needs.
To talk with one of our Funeral Planners contact our Funeral Advice Line on 03 9373 7000
There are generally three main costs associated with a funeral:
1. Professional Service Fee
Tobin Brothers Professional Service fee incorporates the various tasks and services typically involved in arranging, planning and conducting a funeral.
Our Professional Service fee includes:
- Guidance, expertise, care and attention from a team of professionally trained staff
(available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year).
- Transfer of the deceased from the place of death into our care (available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year)..
- Mortuary care by experienced and qualified embalming staff at one of our accredited mortuary facilities.
- Availability of our chapels/offices (in 27/26 locations) for the initial arrangement meeting, the viewing and/or vigil,
for the service and refreshments.
- Placement of death and funeral notices in the newspapers and on our website.
- Registration of death with the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- Making arrangements with all third parties
- All necessary staff, one hearse and one 4 seat mourning coach on the day of the funeral.
- Advice and support following the funeral.
Our Professional Service fee Excludes:
- “After hours" - rosary or vigil prayers or viewing.
- Full embalming (required for overseas repatriation and other situations).
- Weekend or Public Holiday fees.
- Travel outside our usual operating area.
- Additional vehicles (Hearse and one 4 seat mourning coach included).
- Payment to third parties, which are called third party fees
Tobin Brothers offers a variety of service options, all of which allow you and your family to tailor them to reflect your individual, personal, cultural and religious requirements. Simply click on any of the below links for full details and prices.
If none of the service options are suitable to your requirements then please speak to one of our Funeral Advice Line staff on
(03) 9111 3466 who will be happy to tailor something to your personal needs.
Dual Service commencing at a Tobin Brothers Chapel - $7287.50
Dual Service commencing at a non Tobin Brothers venue, i.e. Church or Reception facility - $7067.50
Extended Service commencing at a Tobin Brothers Chapel - $7590.00
Extended Service commencing at a non Tobin Brothers Chapel, i.e. Church or Reception facility - $7370.00
Arrival Service held at a Crematorium Chapel or at the Graveside - $6792.50
Celebration of Life Memorial Service commencing at a Tobin Brothers Chapel - $7287.50
Celebration of Life Memorial Service commencing at a non Tobin Brothers venue, i.e. Church or Reception facility - $7067.50
Essential Chapel Service commencing at a Tobin Brothers Chapel - $6402.00
Essential Arrival Service commencing a non Tobin Brothers venue, i.e. Cemetery/Crematoria - $6292.00
Twilight Service held at a Tobin Brothers Chapel - $6539.50
Basic Service / Direct Committal (No Funeral Service) - $3492.50
2. Third Party Fees
These consist of the monies paid out by Tobin Brothers on your behalf to other parties in order to carry out the funeral in accordance with your instructions. These include payments for:
- Cemetery or Crematorium fees.
- Clergy or Celebrant fees.
- Musician/Vocalist fees.
- Venue hire fees.
- Floral tributes.
- Death and funeral notices.
- Registered Death Certificate.
- Medical Certificate required for Crematorium.
- Coffin or casket. View the entire coffin and casket range.
- Memories & Tributes options.
3. Goods & Service tax
GST is payable on Tobin Brothers fees and the supply of all related products and services.