Funeral Costs & Options
The cost of a funeral will essentially reflect the personal, cultural and financial needs of your family, and the choices you make.
Tobin Brothers has a flexible pricing structure, which allows families to choose from a range of services and options.
Some people prefer to obtain information on services, options and prices before engaging a funeral director.
That’s why we established our Funeral Advice Line, where our specialist Funeral Planners provide obligation-free guidance and advice.
Our specialist Funeral Planners will provide you with an itemised fee proposal, outlining all of the services and costs involved with the funeral that best reflects the life of your loved one and your family’s needs.
To talk with one of our Funeral Planners contact our Funeral Advice Line on
(03) 9373 7000.
There are generally four main costs associated with a funeral:
1. Professional Service Fee
Our Professional Service Fee incorporates all of the tasks and services involved in arranging, planning and conducting the funeral, including:
- Guidance, expertise and care from a team of experienced, professionally trained staff (available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year).
- Transfer of the deceased from the place of death into our care.
- Provision of mortuary care by experienced and qualified embalming staff.
- Provision of chapel, hearse and mourning coach (if required).
- Placement of death and funeral notices in the newspaper/s and on our website.
- Making arrangements with the cemetery/crematorium.
- Liaising with clergy or a civil celebrant.
- Liaising with the florist, caterer, musician and other service providers.
- Provision of all necessary staff, 1 hearse and 4 seat mourning coach on the day of the funeral.
- Use of chapel facilities for viewing and refreshments (if required).
- DVD of service held within our chapels (where available).
- Provision of advice and support following the funeral, including events such as Art for the Heart, All Souls Day Masses, Christmas Remembrance Services and Remembering Our Angels.
Tobin Brothers offers a variety of service options, all of which allow you and your family to tailor them to reflect your individual, personal, cultural and religious requirements. Simply click on any of the below links for full details and prices.
If none of the service options are suitable to your requirements then please speak to one of our Funeral Advice Line staff on (03) 9373 7000 who will be happy to tailor something to your personal needs.
Extended Service commencing at a non Tobin Brothers Chapel, i.e. Church or Reception facility - $6,215.00
Cremation Memorial Service commencing at a non Tobin Brothers venue, i.e. Church or Reception facility - $5,912.50
Essential Arrival Service commencing a non Tobin Brothers venue, i.e. Cemetery/Crematoria - $5,137.00
2. Coffin or Casket
The price of a coffin/casket depends entirely on the construction/type, quality, finish and style that is chosen. View our entire coffin and casket range.
3. Cemetery and crematoria charges
These charges are set by the individual cemeteries and crematoria and do not vary between funeral companies.
4. Other Fees
There are generally a range of other services and fees, which are entirely optional, such as: